Tuesday, November 4, 2014

He Ran into My Knife Ten Times

"If I'm loud, it's because I'm above the wave and if you can't hear me, it's because I'm under it. And I never want you to worry because the nature of a wave, is to pass. I'm not being quiet. I'm just under this wave." -Source

“Does it hurt? What is it?” 
“It’s not food poisoning, it’s not a hazard to public health.” 
“What is it?”
“It’s just an ache you’ve given me. I’ll live. But only with you.”
-25 Love Poems for the NSA by Iain S. Thomas


***

Sammi, what are you doing?
Sammi, what's your plan for the rest of the day?
Sammi, what are you doing with the rest of your life?
Sammi, what's your major?
Sammi, are you sure about that?

Sammi, are you going to ski this year?
Sammi, why do you think you hate ski racing so much?
Sammi, I don't see why you have to be so negative about skiing.
Sammi, why did you quit softball?
Sammi, don't be ridiculous.
Sammi, why don't you ever come home and see us?

Sammi, have you done the reading?
Sammi, can you teach me how to do this?
Sammi, can you help me with this homework?
Sammi, is Amy here?
Sammi, can you drive me?
Sammi, can you pick me up?

Sammi, why are you always in your room?
Sammi, why can't you just be normal?
Sammi, why don't you just change yourself so that people like you?
Sammi, why are you so bad at everything?
Sammi, Sammi, Sammi.



I didn't do it, but if I done it
How could you tell me that I was wrong?





No comments:

Post a Comment