Monday, March 24, 2014

Because You're Beautiful and the World Sucks

Dear [insert college here] admissions,

My name is Sammi Stolar. I have recently applied to your fine establishment of education and have a simple inquiry. Did you, or did you not, communicate with more than too many other colleges about the announcement dates of your admissions decisions? I ask this because I have recently received at least four emails alerting me that the day I will receive my admissions decision will be (who woulda thunk it?) the same day as all the other ones, if not a day after. I would like to know if you're trying to be cruel or if this was all accidental. Believe me, I do not assume the worst but I'm curious nonetheless. Thank you.

Sincerely,
You're Not Making Me Anxious Whatsoever

***

I don't want to hate ski racing, but the path I'm currently on kind of makes it difficult not to.

***

Sometimes I fancy myself a poet, then I think, You should stop. Now. And then I do. Which is good, not just for me, but for anyone who reads my poetry.

***


***

March is currently upsetting me because of how much snow has melted (about 0%) and how much snow needs to melt for me to play softball/lay on the field all afternoon/enjoy springtime (about 100%).

***

Right about now, you're asking if I can use any more asterisks in my post. The answer. *I*m*n*o*t*r*e*a*l*l*y*s*u*r*e*i*s*t*h*i*s*e*n*o*u*g*h*?

***

I think it's everyone's goal in life to make me so angry that I scream.

Dear world,

If this is your goal, you can stop now. Mission accomplished.

Sincerely,
Me? Mad? No.

***

Other than that, I have been betrayed by mathematics, which, in my experience, has been the most concrete, logical subject I've taken. Yet, nowadays, math has taken on the role of Brutus and I'll be damned if I don't end the year with 23 stab wounds.

Oh, it will be.

***

I'd like to make it known that I have been living as if I were a second semester senior since February of my junior year. This seemed to catch up to me this fall but then when I actually became a second semester senior, I decided that I liked homework (????) and was actually going to be proactive about it.

Dear 9th grade Sammi,

How in the hell did you do this? Oh. Right. You cried a lot. Never mind.

Sincerely,
Still Crying A Lot

***

Finally:
"But then she pulled away and kissed my forehead and started back toward the others. I was too dazed to follow right away, because there was something new happening, a wheel inside my heart I'd never noticed before, and it was spinning so fast it made me dizzy. And the farther away she got, the faster it spun, like there was an invisible cord unreeling from it that stretched between us, and if she went to far it would snap--and kill me."
-Hollow City (Sequel to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) by Ransom Riggs

Dear Mr. Riggs,

If you hurt Emma, there will be hell to pay. If you break my Jacob's heart, I will be outrageously upset with you.

Sincerely,
Emotionally Attached and Emotionally Unstable




No comments:

Post a Comment